Butternut squash casserole is a creamy, delicious side dish that can be added to any meal. With it’s warm cinnamon and vanilla flavors, it is perfect for holiday gatherings! It is low carb and fits nicely in the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle.
What Is Butternut Squash Casserole?
Creamy and smooth, this casserole is made from pureed butternut squash!
I chose to cook the butternut squash in my Instant Pot. If the squash is cut into cubes, it only takes 3 minutes for it to cook completely through.
It then gets put in a blender to get the creamiest puree ever!
Mixed with a few other healthy ingredients, you will have a casserole ready to put in the oven!
This casserole could be eaten any time of the year, but it seems that holiday meals are the perfect time to enjoy it.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Butternut Squash?
Butternut squash has many benefits that perhaps you never knew about.
- It can help prevent vision loss.
- They are rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals including vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, and a host of carotenoids, which are what give plants and algae their orange hue.
- One cup of butternut squash contains more potassium than a medium banana.
- Controls blood sugar
- Supports immune health
There are many more healthy benefits, but as you can see from what is here already, it’s worth eating butternut squash whenever you can.
How Does Butternut Squash Fit In With The Trim Healthy Mama Plan?
You haven’t heard of Trim Healthy Mama?
No problem! Let me tell you a little bit about it.
It is a lifestyle that was started several years ago by two sisters, Pearl and Serene.
Many families are living this healthy life and eating delicious, no-guilt food because of this plan.
From ice cream to cookies and cakes, the THM plan has a recipe for probably any food you can imagine!
As far as butternut squash is concerned, the THM plan recommends limiting your portion to a half cup in an S or FP setting. You can have more in an E setting.
How Should I Store Leftover Squash Casserole?
You can store leftovers in any airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
When ready to eat again, reheat in a microwavable dish until warmed through.
Ingredients To Make Butternut Squash Casserole
- butternut squash
- Monkfruit classic sweetener
- almond flour
- baking powder
- mineral salt
- cashew or almond milk unsweetened
- heavy cream
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
More Casserole Ideas
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole – An energizing breakfast that will start your day with great protein, good carbs and delicious flavors! A family favorite for sure!
Smoked Paprika Chicken Casserole – Tender chicken mixed with the flavors of smoked paprika and liquid smoke…almost has a bbq taste! It has it’s own unique flavor that will please your tastebuds!
Talk To Me
As always, I’d love to hear from YOU!! If you make one of my recipes and love it, let me know. Share on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram (@countrygirlcookin)
If you try this butternut squash casserole and enjoy it, share the love!
Subscribe to my blog (it’s Free) to receive my latest recipes, updates, tips and more in your email.
This post may contain affiliate links, and if you should choose to purchase any of these fantastic products through my link, I will make a few cents at no extra cost to you! I appreciate your support for my little family as well as my recipe creations.
Butternut Squash Casserole
Butternut squash casserole is a creamy, delicious side dish that can be added to any meal. With it's warm cinnamon and vanilla flavors, it is perfect for holiday gatherings! It is low carb and fits nicely in the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle.
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash puree (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit classic sweetener (or your favorite sweetener that measures like 1/2 cup of sugar)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top before baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is not too jiggly. (it can jiggle slightly because it will continue to cook for a few minutes out of the oven.)