Low carb sugar cookies are fun for the whole family! Kids love decorating them and everyone loves eating them. They are sugar-free and Trim Healthy Mama approved!
Are Healthy Desserts Tasty?
How can a flavor-packed cookie be low carb?
If you would have offered me a low carb cookie several years ago, I probably would have called you a health nut and politely refuse your cookie.
I would have been the foolish one!
Low carb cookies, if made correctly, are full of yummy flavors and packed with healthy benefits…all at the same time.
Are Low Carb Sugar Cookies Keto-Friendly?
This recipe sure is keto-friendly!
With all the good fats in this cookie recipe, your body is sure to appreciate your good food choice.
Sugar Cookies Are Fun To Make With The Family
You’ve heard stories, and maybe even reminisce about your own childhood days in the kitchen, cutting out sugar cookies with a variety of cookie cutters.
It seems to be a tradition in many families to cut out sugar cookies with their kids during the holidays.
My boys were so excited to pick out the cookie cutter of their choice and press it into the cookie dough to make the shape of an animal or gingerbread man.
There’s something special about having fun together as a family.
I cherish the times when my kids help me in the kitchen!
Ingredients To Make Low Carb Sugar Cookies
The list of ingredients may appear long, but I promise you it comes together pretty quick.
- cream cheese
- baking powder
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- ground flaxseed
Not Crazy About Sugar Cookies?
Some people do not prefer a “boring” plain sugar cookie.
If this is you, then a delicious, low carb chocolate chip cookie may just be the thing!
Baking And Cooling Low Carb Treats
These cookies only take roughly ten to twelve minutes to bake.
One important step you won’t want to skip is this: do not try to take the hot cookies off of the cookie tray right out of the oven.
Because low carb cookies are not made with regular flour and such, they tend to be a little softer, so allow them to cool for about 20 minutes on the pan itself.
Once cooled completely, these low carb sugar cookies are perfect to handle
Are Sugar Cookies Supposed To Be Sweet?
That sounds like an oxi-moron, right?
Honestly, why wouldn’t sugar cookies be sweet?
Everyone has different taste buds and loves their sugar cookies sweeter or not so sweet as the next person.
I chose to use a little less sweetener than the “normal” sugar cookie would call for.
Why? Well, the icing is rather sweet and really balances out the sweetness of the entire cookie!
This recipe is in your hands, though, so add more or less sweetener if you wish.
What Icing Can I Spread On These Low Carb Sugar Cookies?
You can use any low carb, sugar free icing for these cookies.
The icing recipe I used is very simple…literally three ingredients.
Talk To Me
If you try this low carb sugar cookies recipe and enjoy them, share the love!
Subscribe to my blog (it’s Free) to receive my latest recipes, updates, tips and more in your email.
This post may contain affiliate links! If you should choose to purchase any of these fantastic products through my link, I will make a few cents at no extra cost to you! Your support is always appreciated!
Low carb sugar cookies are soft and full of delicious flavor. These cookies are fun to make with the whole family!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sweetener.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form dough into ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to chill in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out shapes with your cookie cutters.
- Place cookies carefully on your parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Watkins Assorted Food Coloring, 1 Each Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Total Four .3 oz bottles
- Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass Bottle
- Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour, 4lbs, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Keto Friendly
- High Mineral Salt 12oz Bag
- Xylitol-Free Gentle Sweet™ 16oz (3 Bags)
- Great Lakes Gelatin, Pure Unflavored Protein, Kosher Beef Gelatin, 16 Ounce Can
- Swerve Confectioners Sweetener (48 oz): The Ultimate Sugar Replacement
- Nature's Eats Blanched Almond Flour, 32 Ounce
Amount Per Serving Calories 97Total Fat 8gNet Carbohydrates 1g